Saturday, May 1, 2010

Past Down From Generations!

Madalyn and I decided to play dress up in some very old and special dresses. Each one of these dresses has meaning behind it. The first picture is of a dress that Brad's great-grandmother had made for Madalyn. It is still a little big but we wanted to get a picture. Brad's great-grandmother (Mattie) is 91 years old. Yes, that is where Madalyn's name came from for all of our friends that did not know. The Lyn part of her name is a contribution from my mom, sister, and Brad's mom. Anyway, the second picture is a dress that was mine. It fits her good, but Madalyn did not like all the lace. The third picture, and it was the only picture I could get in this dress, belonged to my mother. The dress was way to fragile to leave on for more than a minute. The last two dresses belonged to my sister, Kari. The green one was a little big, but I think Madalyn looks like a little antique doll. I am just glad my mom had these dresses for us to make memories in.











No comments:

Post a Comment