Saturday, June 19, 2010

First Trip to the ER!

I wasn't going to post this- but I didn't want to forget our first big scare!

Don't worry- everybody is okay! So, Brad, I, and Madalyn went to the lake Friday to spend the weekend (or we thought) with Kari, Will, and the girls. Kari and I were getting supper ready and Madalyn was playing with her toys. I thought the gate at the top of the stairs was locked and much to my surprise it was not. By the time I could get to Madalyn she had fallen down the first few stairs. As a mother, the first thing you do is PANIC. I grabbed her up and assessed the damage. Thank God~ there was only two places (looked like carpet burns) on her head. One in the front and one in the back. After getting her calmed down (and myself), we decided we would head back to Dothan just to be sure everything was okay. We arrived at the Medical Center ER at 8:00- they were great. We got right back, the Dr. came in and we were on are way to get a CAT Scan and chest X-Ray. Everything came back normal, and the Dr. sent us home and just told us to keep an eye on her for 24 hours. We were home by 10:00, I think that is great when you go to the ER! So, Brad and I took the Dr.'s advice and watched her like hawks for 24 hours. I am happy to report that she is back up and running (figuratively speaking) like nothing happened. It is amazing how strong babies are and how little bodies can bounce right back. We are very thankful that all is well, we know that it could have been a lot worse!

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully that was your first and LAST trip to the ER! I can totally empathize with your panic...its an incredibly awful feeling! I'm glad that everything is normal and that she's a happy girl!

    ReplyDelete