Sunday, April 1, 2012

Welcoming Brady Elden Buchanan...

Brad and I arrived at the hospital at 5:00 on Tuesday, March 27th. We got a room and got everything going by 6:00. Dr. Farmer came in at 7:30, broke my water and started the pitcocin. I got my epideral at 9:30. The nurse came in at 10:00 to see if the epideral was in full effect (it was not), she also checked me and I was dilated to 6 cm. She continued to monitor the epideral to ensure that it was working. About 10 minutes later I told her I was feeling A LOT of pressure. She decided she would check me again before leaving the room. Well, I was at 9 cm. Yes...that is only a 10 minute time frame. She called Dr. Farmer and got everything ready, and at 10:47. Brady made his arrival. We have been blessed with two perfect children, two great pregnancy, and two easy deliveries. I thank God for that everyday!!!

Brady Elden Buchanan

Time of Delivery- 10:47 am

Weight- 7 lbs 4 oz

Length- 20 inches
This is at about 10:15. Madalyn had just gotten to the hospital and came in to see us before her brother's arrival


Anxiously awaiting the Doctor's entrance to get the party started!!!


The first time I got a good luck at our sweet "Little Man". Madalyn has started calling him that, and it is catching on!




Brady weighed 6 lbs 14 oz when we got discharged. At his weight check on Saturdayhe weighed 6 lbs 15 oz. It won't be long and it will pick up his weight. He is alreadytaking 3 oz of formula at every feeding. We are going about 4 hours between feedingssometimes longer. Madalyn started running a fever on Wednesday (Fever Virus) gotta love those. We have had to monitor her proximity to Brady and keep a check on both oftheir temperatures. So, since we have been home no pictures have been taking, but I will do better!
















1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! Can't wait to meet Brady! I'm glad to hear everything went quickly and great for you. He' looks so much like Brad to me right now and I can hardly ever tell who babies look like!

    ReplyDelete