Saturday, September 25, 2010

1 Year Check Up...

So, Madalyn had her year check-up on Thursday, and it was an experience like no other! She screamed from the time the nurse walked in until she left. She kept pointing to the door and telling the Dr. bye bye. She had all of those terrible shots and they took blood from her finger to check her iron. She kept rubbing her finger and moaning in the car on the way home. The Dr.'s report was good- he said Madalyn is a healthy, active one year old. She weighs 18 lbs. 11 oz. (11.6% for her age) and is 31 in. long (87% for her age). She is finally back to herself and hasn't ran fever for since yesterday morning, so we are good to go.

On Friday, she had to go to the foot Dr. about her feet. Well, she screamed the whole time again, and the Dr. wasn't able to do a whole lot. We have to continue her exercises and she has to continue wearing her corrective shoes. They will do X-rays in December to see if we are making progress.

I want to give my mom (Madalyn's nana) a special thanks for taking her to her check-ups. I can say I am glad I didn't have to, because I would have cried the whole time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment