Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Where to start...

I am going to catch everybody up on the Buchanan family...In October, I thought I was having a heart attack, lucky for me it was just my gallbladder.  The pain was terrible.  I would birth 10 more babies to not go through that pain again.  So, on October 18, I had my gallbladder removed.  I had awesome care thinks to my sweet friend Jennifer.  It was a little hard having surgery on the 18th because that was a year to the day that my grandpa had passed away.  Made it through surgery and the recovery was a little harder than I had thought it would be.  It is very hard not to pick up my sweet babies. 

So, one month late I decided to take my babies to the ENT.  I just couldn't take another ear infection for Brady.  He was on number 5 in 4 months.  Sure enough the Dr. said he needed tubes sooner than later.  I half expected him to tell me Madalyn was fine, but he informed me she had fluid on both ears.  He said it is the kind of fluid that doesn't cause an infection but can cause hearing loss and speech problems.  He also said she had a sleep disorder which is why she talks, tosses in her sleep so much.  He recommended tubes for her and wanted to take her adenoids out.  So, we scheduled them both for the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.  Yes, we did them both at the same time. 

Brady let me take a before picture but Madalyn was not excited about what was going to come so she would not let me take her picture.  I got an after picture only because she was asleep on the way home.

The kids woke up on Wednesday and have been completely different children.  Don't get me wrong, my babies are sweet and don't cause to much of a problem, but I can tell they feel better.  We went today for a check up and the Dr. said they both look great!!

Praise God...He is good!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment